Sunday 18 December 2011

2012 Targets

It is the time of the year to relook a at your own achievements for the past one year and set new targets for 2012.
2011 was a quiet period in terms of active investment as I did not do much short term trading. I had spent alot of time reading on books, attending seminars and reading on blogs. I am really amazed on the quality of financial bloggers we have here in Singapore and kudos to them for a job well done.

Achievements for 2011.
My total passive income (cash) from stocks (reits) is 4600SGD for 2011. It is still far away from being able to stop working actively with this income, but then again, it had come in handy for me when it came to expenses.
I had started my own blog on finance/investment.
I started to track and monitor all expenses.
I started to save 600$ monthly by paying myself first.

I have set below targets/goals to be achieve in 2012 and will look forward to fulfilling and exceeding them.

1. Achieve annual passive income of 6000SGD
2. Reinvest all divendends back into stock market
3. Minimize expenditures for "wants"
4. Buy a new HDB flat/property
5. Be a good father

Also, I had set aside my long term mission statement:

1. Pay up loan for first property in 10 years.
2. Get additional property for rental income

2012 is going to be a exciting year as I will embrace fatherhood. I plan to blog on the expenses incurred for a baby and offer some value added solutions on how to minimize cost.
Merry Xmas!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing a phrase that I like a lot from Suze Orman that I'll "borrowed with pride" here:

    1) People first
    2) Then money
    3) Then things

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, you are one of the very few who set goals and plan finances properly. Excellent! I started serious financial planning in the year 2005 when I bought my first apartment with my wife and I had a similar type of philosophy as you did: Plan when to pay off the mortgage...etc...etc. Keep on blogging dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ronian, you have a advantage since you had started planning way earlier, kudos to that :)

    ReplyDelete